What is mindfulness and what can it do for you?
Mindfulness is one of the corner stones of our work. We use it (in various ways), not only with our guests, but also for the benefit of our own wellbeing.
Mindfulness is simple but not easy to achieve. In life, we struggle to pay appropriate attention to what we are doing. We get caught-up in over-thinking which impacts our wellbeing and this makes us unnaturally tired and prone to depression and anxiety.
Mindfulness is an integrated, mind-body based training that helps people to calm the mind, enabling emotional regulation. With calmer, more peaceful minds, we are able to handle the inevitable ups and downs of modern life more skillfully.
The benefits have been widely reported, with scientific studies showing the following:
- people who regularly practise mindfulness, show changes in the brain associated with decision-making, attention and empathy
- the area in the brain associated with the regulation of emotion is increased by regular meditation
- regular meditators report an improvement in attention, job performance, and productivity
- meditation has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system
People who have learned and continue to regularly practise mindfulness, report:
- long-lasting physical and psychological stress reduction
- an overall increase in their wellbeing
- are better able to control addictive behaviour
- less likely to get stuck in depression and unnatural tiredness
Why not find out for yourself whether mindfulness training has something to offer you?
Get in touch today, we offer 1-2-1 and group sessions. You can contact us here.
Why not consider our Introduction to Mindfulness Course?