Introduction to Mindfulness – Full Course
The Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) is a weekly mindfulness course based on the Mindfulness Association’s Level 1 Mindfulness Training. One of the distinctive qualities of the MBLC is the kindness and compassion practices that are weaved throughout.
The course consists of eight classes, which are typically two hours long, preceded by an introductory workshop before the eight-week course begins and concluded by follow up class after the eight-week course ends.
All classes run from 14:00 – 16:00
If you would like to learn more about why mindfulness training is considered beneficial you can find more information here.
The weekly themes are:
- Introductory workshop/taster session
What is Mindfulness and Why Practice It? (30th October 2019)
- Week 1 – Start Where We Are (6th November 2019)
- Week 2 – The Body as a Place to Stay Present (13th November 2019)
- Week 3 – Introducing Mindfulness Support (20th November 2019)
- Week 4 – Working with Distraction (27th November 2019)
- Week 5 – Exploring the Undercurrent (4th December 2019)
- Week 6 – Attitude of the Observer (18th December 2019)
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance (8th January 2020)
- Week 8 – A Mindfulness Based Life (15th January 2020)
- Follow Up – The Rest of Your Life (22nd January 2020)
Note: No classes: 11th, 25th December 2019, 1st January 2020
The value of the full course is, normally, £220, which includes a hard copy paperback book, recognised certification (if at least 6 sessions are attended) and a pdf of the full curriculum. This course is free but is limited to the first 10 people who have attended a taster session.
Please be aware this course may not be appropriate at this time, if you are experiencing significant difficulties in your life. Please feel free to make contact to discuss any concerns you may have.
Daytime Course – Autumn 2019
November 6, 13, 20, 27
December 4th, 18
January 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th 2020
Time: 14:00 – 16:00 with refreshment break
Location for course.
Fordham House Estate